Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Such a Week

  Well, here it is only Mon. evening and I can't believe it has been such a crazy week already. Does that mean that it will go on for the remainder of the week, well maybe. My darling husband sent me an email this afternoon and told me he would be at work until at least 1AM. Now he usually works his full time job from 12:30 PM to 9:30 PM and he has a side business doing odd jobs for people. He enjoys that work much more than his regular full time job, but it obviously does not provide insurance. We both have some problems that require we take medications on a regular basis. I was off of anything for almost a year. Then recently I was diagnosed with a thyroid problem that means I have to take med.s daily. Hubby has high blood pressure and high cholesterol and takes med.s for both. I wish he could quit the "real" job too, but such is life. He has it all figured out when he can retire, and I try to stay as healthy as I can so he can when the time comes. LOL
  I have not had the time to work in the sewing room very much, but did get a bag finished for my granddaughters birthday. That is tomorrow, and I have already told her it will be late, but to expect is soon. She will be 14 I think, I have trouble remembering the ages. Her sister will be 16 in Dec. and I am pretty sure she is 2 years older. Now it sounds like I am a bad grandmother, but I have only known her for 6 years. I put her mom up for adoption when she was born and we met in 2005. I am so happy to have them in my life, as I sure never thought I would. So tomorrow I will try very hard to get in the sewing room and stay there for a long time. I want three quilts finished by Fri. all they need is to be quilted and bound and that has been put off for too long already.
  I will do my best to get back on a more regular time frame than I have been lately. Yall have a very quilty week.
Tennye

1 comment:

Linda said...

How wonderful that you have been reunited with your daughter and granddaughters. I have a hard time remembering how old my sons will be! I have to do the math in my head every time because I just can't believe they are as old as they are! After all, it was only yesterday I was wiping their noses and tucking them in bed at night.
My husband is also planning out his retirement. Unfortunately, it keeps getting put off because of the stock market. All of his retirement is tied up in money markets and stocks and bonds. And, yes, we have to have enough to pay for insurance when he DOES retire.
Its a sad thing but something most of us have to consider.
Have a great week!