Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

Posting From Virginia

Hello from all the lovely state of Virgina. I am visiting my family here in the North East and we went to the beach yesterday. Today we have done very little, but have enjoyed visiting. Their dogs are sick, and have Kennel cough. The vet saw them today and gave them medication, so they are sleeping alot today. They are sweet dogs and I hate to see them sick.
Before I left to come here I completed a new blouse and a new dress. It was kind of nice to make some clothes for a change, and they fit. I will most likely be making more after this, but not if it gets in the way of making quilts. I brought the quilts I made for my granddauhters to show them. I have not put them together yet so it is only the tops. I wish I had pictures of both of them, but I only have one.
I still have not turned in my class for the trapunto quilt. I need to make more pictures and add them before I can send it off. I am down to the last day of the class that needs pictures, and I have had to almost re-make the entire quilt. It is sad that I didn't realize I needed some of the pictures that I have needed when I made the original quilt. I made a short video too the other day and now I can't figure out how to add it to the class it goes in. I am looking forward to getting it in, it makes me feel bad to have to hold off.
As soon as I get the girls quilts finished I need to start quilting the other tops I have that are ready to quilt. I had a lady call me the other day and ask me about quilting for her. Sadly the Internet and the people in our area want to get quilting for nothing. So when I told her I would charge her .01 cents a sq. foot she decided that was just too much to pay. It up sets me for people to want excellence and then not be willing to pay for it. Guess I need to go and not get upset. Have a wonderful evening. Talk to you all soon.

No comments: