Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'm Here, Really I Am

  Well, I really am here and have even been around a few times, I just didn't have any time to write while I was here. I am happy to report that the two quilts I have been working on are finally done, and on their way to the lady who asked me to make them. She will be happy to get them and give them to her grandsons. I love the way they turned out and I am happy that they are completed.  I wish they had gotten done much sooner than they did, but I gotta tell you for what ever reason I have no real memory of Sept. It really bothers me, but I just don't know what happened in Sept.
  I have decided to give a craft show a whirl. Not a big one, just a table and it will be office hours one day only. I have almost all the left overs from the last big show I did, and I have an idea or two for a few little things to add to the inventory I already have. Nothing big since it will be in three weeks and I am leaving for a vacation the week of the fair. Then I have about four weeks before I leave for my daughters for the baby. In that time I have to complete the two king size t-shirt quilts before I leave. So I will be doing some prep work on those t-shirts in the evenings after I finish the work in the quilting room. I will need to stabilize them and cut them up. That will take some time, and then there is the process of figuring out what fabric I need to put between them for sashing. I also have some robes to embroidery for the wedding. You see the girl who wants me to make the t-shirt quilts is getting married about the time my new grandson will be born. She has been part of the family for a long time and I will miss the wedding.
Well, I need to get going, so yall have a very quilty week until I get back to you.
Tennye

1 comment:

Kats Studio said...

Congrats on finishing the quilts. Your earlier post questioned your ability to get thing done fast. We all work in our own way and at our own pace. I used to be the same way, but I realized I am me and I work for my pleasure. Try to let that go and stick with what you know best. I'm from TN, about 30 miles from Nashville. I hope you enjoy your visit here.