Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Eve thankful

Well, I have to say I am thankful for the family I have, my hubby,and all five children I call mine. My parents, my home and the many friends I have in my life. I am grateful for facebook that I have been able to hook up with friends from high school and old churches that I would most likely never have gotten to hear from again.
My Aunt (my mom's sister) is the one who took care of me while my mom worked full time, and she did sewing for the public. I am grateful for her in my life. I think that sewing was her only outlet for her creativity when we were all young. She did however do some painting on the walls of her home. I know she drew portraits when she was younger, and then again after all the kids were grown and gone and the  ones she baby sat for over the years grew up too. She started to take classes and paint on plates, and cups, and then moved on to canvas. I have paintings she made for me and I have a lovely set of plates she made for my grandmother. For several years she did a series of Santa plates for each of her sisters and sisters-in-law, and mother and her children. When Grandmother died in 2002 she got the plates she made for her back, and then when her son died she also got his set back so last year she shared a set with me. I will post pictures of them when I get them out for Christmas.
I will most likely take the day off tomorrow from posting, but I will be back soon. I am going to Dallas for the weekend, leaving Friday afternoon. Until then you have a very happy thanksgiving and a very quilty time.
Tennye

No comments: