Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Show is Over

Well, I am happy to say I survived the craft show and it is over. I am not sure I can say it was a success or not, but I didn't do worse than last year. I didn't do better than I did last year either. I again learned more this year than I did last year. I sold a completely different set of things last year than I did this year. I am beginning to wonder if I have any idea what people like. Things I think are cute or pretty, and useful, I make them and put them out there to sell and turn around and bring them home again. I made the cutest tree ornaments that I thought might be my best sellers. I have shown them to you before, my mom did some decorating on them.
I have added photos of several of the wall hangings I made for this show, and I think they turned out very nice. Here are the trees;
Chenille












Again I do not know how to turn this photo the right way. In my file it is turned the right way.












This is a table runner I have shown you before.















These lovely wall hangings were also a part of my inventory for this show. I have shown them before also.










This one is hard to get the whole thing in, but I am especially pleased with how it turned out. I didn't have a pattern to go by . I just tried to make what I had seen from one like it a friend made. Well, that was a good and a bad thing. I made it way too big and it is almost 5 ft. long, which seemed a little long to me. I heard many people say " That is beautiful" then just walk on, I guess no one wanted something that was beautiful LOL I am not taking it personal, I just find it odd that so many loved the way it looks, and didn't want it.





This little cutie went home with someone, so I guess they thought it was as cute as I did.







I don't know if you all have seen the lovely boots I made, but they sold very well. I have only the prototype left and I didn't like it so I was not surprised it was the only one left. I had other things that I made last year for the show and some of my coffee sleeves. I actually sold more of those this year than I did last year.
I think it is time for me to get serious about making a living, so that means I am going to do what it takes to get my ETSY.com store open this week, and get those patterns I have started completed and ready to sell. As I go forward with that I will also be doing a weekly posting about how we can all get those scraps under control and usable.
I want to take a min. here to say thank you to everyone who left me a message about getting our scraps under control, and other things recently. I also thank you for staying with me during these few weeks that I have been busy and ill. I hate to say I am still not well, I don't like being sick and this is killing me. I am excited about the next step in the journey. If anyone of you has encouragement or suggestions please leave me a message. Until I am back please have a very quilty time.
Tennye

2 comments:

QuiltSue said...

I specially like the Joy-ous Snowmen banners.

Sorry you're still ill, but hopefully you'll turn that corner soon.

Micki said...

I like the banners and the table runner...great job!
Micki