Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Being Thankful

Well, we are just a short few days before the American Thanksgiving Day celebration. I decided that this would be the week I would try to start posting daily. In that I want to say what I am Thankful for, in my life. Maybe you would like to tell us what you are thankful for too.
You see, I have much to be thankful for, as I have a history of a Godly family. My great-grandmother who I called Granny was a strong woman, and a Godly one. She was always busy with some form of hand work. I have some things she made for me when I was a child, and some things that I was given as an adult from my own grandmother, that granny  made. This great-grandmother was my Papa's mother and she came to visit often. We also went to Alexandria, LA to visit her. Papa's sister, Aunt May lived there and Granny lived with her most of the time. She would go to California and stay with her son there for six weeks or six months, and then she would come to Texas and stay with Papa and grandmother for the same length of times. Always going home in between and staying for a while. She carried her work with her. I never saw her doing any quilting or embroidery, she mostly would do Crochet when she was here. I have a gorgeous embroidered block she made though and I cherish it. I have not put it in a quilt, and I am not sure what I will do with it, but I take care that it is always safe, until I figure out what to do with it. So my first thing of being thankful is that I have a great-grandmother memory. She loved me and I was 22 when she was taken home to be with her Lord and Savior.
Well, tomorrow Charlie and I are going to church and then in the afternoon we are going to take a drive in country with friends. I think the general idea is to go to a local winery along the way. I will try to post when we get home, and give you another thing I am thankful for. So until I see you again, have a most quilty day,
Tennye

No comments: