Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fabric Found

Well, as I am sure is the same for most quilters, I have no need to go out looking for more fabric, but that is exactly what I did today. I took my mom with me and we went to two quilt shops that I have never been to before. I will most definitely go to one of them again. I did find some fabric that i just could not live without. I also bought a book that goes with a ruler that I bought years ago and have never used.  I am in a challenge in one of the yahoo groups, to use a ruler you have had for a long time and never used. So this one is the one I want to use. I will show how it turns out when I get it done. Until then I have found the fabric for the quilt I am designing. I look forward to showing you this one when it is completed. I am in hopes that it will be done by the end of next week.
I have been reading others blogs alot this week and it seems I am a slow quilter. Is that a bad thing, or am I just careful? I think it is not that I am careful, but that I am too fast most of the time and I spend too much time taking out what I have put in. Lots of people are thinking about resolutions right now. I am not really one for making resolutions, but I do like to think of the new year as a time to renew and refresh. One of the many things I am going to do this year is try really hard to be more patient and take my time with what I am doing, so that i don't make as many mistakes that have to be redone.  Seams go in just as easily the correct way as they do the incorrect way, so why not do it right the first time.
Good luck to each of you as you get your new year started.

No comments: