Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas is a coming

Well, I do hope all of you had a wonderful weekend. I had a very busy one, going to the hospital, decorating the house, cleaning things up, and doing some laundry. Today I cleaned out the refrigerator from the Thanksgiving feasting. Now there is room for some goodies for the next event.
I still have not put up my village, we have a debate over where to put it this year. You see the cats like to use the half wall as a pass through on the way to my room. Then there is the idea that Cali likes to play with the people and sometimes we find them in strange parts of the house. LOL
Here is the small forest.

This is the entry table. 

I like the way it turned out, and I am so grateful to one of my husbands customers for the lovely Poinsettia. I have a little side story about this part of my house and my cats. See the door to the left of the table? That is our coat closet and this morning when my husband left for his first job, he opened it and grabbed his coat. He was only in there about 20 seconds or so. Later, I was doing some work in the kitchen and on the computer and Hydie my orange cat kept messing with that door and rattling it. I tried to get her to stop, but she wouldn't and I was busy so I just went on with what I was doing. Later i headed to my bedroom and Hydie was lying snuggled up to that door. I realized I had not seen Cali in a while. I opened the door and sure enough there she was. She wasn't even very interested in coming out. I had to laugh that Hydie was trying to get her out and I didn't realize what was going on.
This is the fireplace (DUH) and off to the left is the manger I told you about that I got for my first birthday from my grandmother. I haven't had time to finish cleaning up the boxes and getting things in order so I didn't take any more pictures.
I worked on the quilt I am making drawing lines on the diagonal to make large flying geese. I will do the sewing tomorrow, and if things go well I will have the top completed and ready to sandwich and quilt. I will be happy to have that one completed and off to its owner. Not only do I need the income, but I truly had planned for it to be completed over a week ago. With falling and my dad being in the hospital I am behind in so many things. My arm is still swollen and bruised, and some days hurts really bad. I am glad I can still work at all, and my dad got out of the hospital today. He has some real changes to make in how he lives, but he is home now and happy to be there.
So we will have some scrappy things to do soon. Have a very quilty day and I will talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Love the little forest! Your house looks so Christmasy!