Friday, September 2, 2011

The Week Gone By

  Well, I had a nice weekend with my family, and at our reunion with our extended family. My parents made the drive there and back the day of the reunion and did just fine. I got a little upset with them, because, mother left her phone in her purse where she couldn't hear it and daddy just didn't turn his on. I worried about this for hours before we got to where they were and found out they were safe. Sometimes they might as well not have cell phones. We had them get cell phones so we could get a hold of them when they were out traveling. I understand them not wanting to have them in a hand all the time like so many of my children do. I admit I am guilty of the same thing sometimes. I do try to at least have it in the same room I am in.
  Okay, on to other things, I took my camera and I used it the day we got there while we were on the tour of Garrison Bros. Distillery, in Hye, TX. Sadly after that I put it in the car and I just didn't ever go get it to use. So the photos I have are those.This is the building we saw as soon as we got to the Ranch that the Garrison Bros. use for their distillery.
That is my hubby enjoying a beverage while we waited for the tour. The bench he is sitting on is in front of a huge fire pit, that can be used for cooking as well as just enjoying a nice fire. Not now in this terrible drought we are in, but some other time when it is over. They have lovely rocking chairs too.
On the barrel between these two chairs is a cute turtle made of concrete and stones.

   I sure wish I could show you some of the other pictures that were taken while we were on the trip, but I just don't have them. My daughter has some but her sister won't let her share them with us because she tends to take those pictures you just don't want to see. I am hoping my son and his girl friend will share some that they took, but that is not something that happens very often.
  Well, as I told you last week, I really should have finished the two quilts I am working on by now. However, as is often the case when I have gone on a trip I came home and had no desire to go into the sewing room. I did finally get enough desire to do something that I went out and bought the fabric for the backing on both of them. I am not happy with them, but satisfied, and sure they will look great. I thought I would get in there today and work, but just have no desire to sew. That grieves me, and I hope it does not last long. I did go to the Dr. yesterday for a physical, something I should have done a long time ago. I ended up seeing a new Dr. and I like her very much. I will be making my appointments with her from now on.
Well, since this is a quilting blog and I am having trouble doing that I will simply go for today. Until I have something to say I will wish you all the very quiltiest weekend.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I'm so glad you were able to get away for a while.
I've noticed a real drop in blog comments and posting. I think we are all just worn out and our lives are getting really busy now! We'll all get back on track soon, I hope.
Take care!