Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Busy Times

  Hello to each of you, I have been busier than usual the last week or so. I am finally feeling human and not like a rock, or better yet the underside of a rock. Therefore I have been shopping, working and just generally doing things that require my getting off my bottom and out of the chair. The other day mother and I went out for a couple of errands and ended up going to one of our favorite stores for clothing. We were very happy we ended up there, and sad to see the signs on the door. They are having a big sale, a going out of business sale. We can still shop with the chain we just will have to drive a good 10 miles or so to do it. In the mean time we got some really good deals on a couple of things for me and her.
  I am trying to get some things ready for the many birthdays coming up this month and next. We are also going to kind of get an early one in for the Nov. birthday girl since she will be here for a visit in Oct. So I have lots to do. I got this great pattern for a butterfly quilt block from a lovely blogger who created it, to give away to her followers, for her birthday.  I love it in the colors she did it in and immediately thought of my oldest daughter when I saw it. She loves butterflies, and purple, so I found some great purple and black and white fabrics for it. I got it all cut out on Friday and I will post pictures once I get further along on it. I also bought some really great fabrics for the cute VW on the beach quilt I am planning to make for one of the pass it on gifts.  I got some 70's style fabrics in purple and coordinating colors for that one. Now I just need to find the fabrics for the back ground beach and road. The creative juices are flowing again and I am loving it.
  I went out with the girls on Sat. and we went to a store I had never been to before. They have a very large selection of Vera Bradley stuff (for lack of a better word). I had no idea she had put her name to so many items. I found the cutest bag I have ever seen, and it was reasonable enough price that I would have bought it, if I could have figured out what it would be used for. Now there was a time when I would have bought it just cause it was cute. Not any more, I reserve that luxury, for fabrics. I did find a purse I wanted, but find I am opposed to paying high prices for a bag, I know, I could make for half that price. I would not want to make it, and sell it for half the price, but make it for myself yes. 
  Well, I am off to see what is next on the agenda, I will try and get some pictures before I post next time. Until we meet again, yall have a very quilty week.
Tennye

No comments: