Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thread, What Kind

  Hello friends,


Well today is a lovely warm sunny day in Central Texas. We are having some non typical weather for August, and it has been rainy for the last week with much cooler evenings, and days. I saw on the news at noon, we will have at least one day back in the triple digit this weekend, and maybe back to the lower temps. As I enjoy these lower temps I look forward to getting back into the sewing room and maybe doing some hand quilting in the evenings. I regularly use Gutermann hand quilting threads, but I have never thought what weight that thread is. On the other hand I have also not made note of what weight thread I use, when sewing ( Mettler), or doing machine embroidery ( Isacord). I have been reading some articles and heard a CD that I got when I was a member of an on line group. To that end I wonder, do you pay attention to the weight thread you use when piecing, quilting, or just plain sewing? I am beginning to wonder if I need to do more research on this subject and pay attention to the weight of thread I use for all of my sewing.
  On the same lines as my last post, do you record the type of thread you use on a specific quilt,including piecing, quilting, and embroidery? I am not sure how thread would work in the scrapbook style of documentation, but most any other type of documentation would be workable. When reading an article in the last Quilters Newsletter, the winner of a quilt show was telling not only what kind of thread, but what weight she used. I am intrigued by this, and wondering how important it all is. 
  So I am wondering if any of you have feelings about this and if you do please share with me here. In the mean time I will be doing some research on line and any where else I can find information on thread. When I feel like I know enough to share I will write another post and share what I am learning. So until next time yall have a very quilty week.
Tennye
  Adding this little picture that I made while playing with my camera for yall to see. I think it is cool.

No comments: