Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Reading This Weekend

 I have to tell you, that even though I don't see any thing getting accomplished, not even the laundry, it seems I am busy all the time. I have to admit some of the busy is reading, I have been in the mood lately and I have finished three books since last week. It all started when my daughter loaned me The Hunger Games on kindle. We have been hating that she and I could not share the books that we have, when if they were paper we would most definitely share them with each other as well as my mom. So she was about to buy the book explaining the process, when she read the reviews. One of the reviewers told how to share for a short period of time in her review. So even though we may buy the book in the future at this time we just followed her very specific instructions and did a loan. It seems that the loan is only for a 7 day period, and I was already reading a book. So I put the one I was reading aside and read Hunger Games so that I did not lose the book before I finished it. I enjoyed it very much and it kind of got me in a reading mood, well that, and we are having some rainy and cool weather as well. Once finished I went back to the book I had been reading and finished it. Amazon really knows how to get you, they have a list of free books that changes every month. I get most of the books mother and I read from that list. The thing is often those books are the 1st in a trilogy, or series of books. Like the one I happened to be reading before the loan from my daughter. So of course I had to read the next one, so I went off and searched for it and yea, it was on sale for 3.99. Well, now I am on the list of waiting customers for the next 2 which are not out yet. If you think about it they are really quit genius, if there was a way for me to get repeat customers by giving away something I would get right on it. Alas giving away a bag or a quilt does not often give you repeat business, it only gives you an empty wallet. I also love the free books because I would not want to pay for a book by an author I had never heard of or read before. Now that I have access to the free book list I have come to love a couple of authors I never heard of before.
Well that is enough of a rant from me today, I am headed into the sewing room for a couple of hours . Next time I promise we will get back to quilting, so until them have a very quilty week, and if your in Texas stay dry.
Tennye

No comments: