Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Another Day, Not Another Dollar

  Hello, I have not been busy at all, I have been reading books and in general just killing time. I hate it that I have been showing signs of depression, not the can't get out of bed and don't get dressed kind. Just the kind that leaves me not able to make myself go to the sewing room and be productive. Now I know full well the reason for this, I am still fighting it never the less. I spent an hour yesterday going through my fabric looking for something to make napkins out of for the wedding gift I started last week. I used the left over fabric from the Wine tote to make napkin rings, and wanted to include some napkins with them. Well, I had fabric, just nothing that would blend of match any of the 3 fabrics I used. So this morning hubby and I went out to eat for breakfast and we were in the parking lot of Hobby Lobby. I asked him if he had time to go with me, to find some fabric for the napkins. He did and I got enough of a lighter brown than the background of the main fabric. It is a lovely brown with a orange tint to it, so it will not match, but blend very well.
  Well, while I was looking through my fabrics I found the original pattern I made from the brides, grandmother's worn out apron. Now This girl is one I kept from the time she was about 6 months old until she was in about the 3rd grade. I made the apron for her grandmother when the bride was only a year or so old. I found some cute red fabric with hearts on it that I bought to make myself a blouse out of 4 or 5 years ago. Since the brides kitchen colors are red and brown, I thought she might like a red apron from her grandmothers pattern for her own kitchen. I will post some pictures when I get a chance to after I get them finished. I have to get busy though since the shower is Sun. afternoon. So I guess I need to quit putting it off and get some work done. Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you will have a very quilty day and I will talk to you soon.
Tennye

No comments: