Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Finally Some Pictures!

  Well, how is your day going? I have had a h____ of a week. Hubby started 3rd shift this week and I have had to sleep alone , or at least try to. I did not think it would be hard to sleep alone after I was in TN for so long and sleeping alone. I was wrong, wrong, wrong. I finally got some sleep last night, but I am so tired still. It appears that he is getting enough sleep, but now we have to see what we do with the weekends. This is his Sat. and he has decided he will take a nap this afternoon then get up and we will have our date night. Then he wants to sleep in a sort of regular manner tonight. I think it will make for a hard week next week, and mess up his sleep patterns. Then again what do you do in the middle of the night if you aren't at work. hahahaha well that is what we have had on our plates this week.  
   In the mean time I thought making a gift would be a great way to practice my free motion quilting . I have not gotten a very good photo, of the actual quilting, but it will be a great way to keep me up to date on my gifts, and pay it forward gifties. I really enjoy the free motion quilting, and I think I am getting much better at it. I still used my stitch regulator, but I have done some without it a long time ago. I got pretty good at keeping my stitches even ad regular. The next one I do I will try without the regulator.
   I am not too happy with the handle hole on this, and how it turned out, but after all this is the first one I made and I didn't have a  pattern. I saw one on pinterest last night and instead of using bias tape they  made the hole and sewed to it and pulled it through before they did the quilting. I may try that next time, since it looked better than mine does. 
  Even with the sleep problems I have found myself working in the sewing room more than usual. I got more done on the quilt I am in the middle of than I have all year. I may actually get it done by the end of next week. I also needed to make a wedding gift, well, a shower gift for the 4th of March. I started that gift with making a wine bottle carrier. My next portion for the gift will be a travel bag for wine glasses, and some coasters. I may even make some napkins to go with all of it. I would like to make a picnic quilt, but that takes too much time and I just don't have the time now.
  Well, until next time, I hope you all will have a very quilty weekend.
Tennye

No comments: