Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

A Finish Today

  Well, actually I didn't finish this today, I did last Sat. I have just been out of sorts most of the week. I love the napkins and rings I finished that go with the wine bag.  I hope she loves them as much as I do.
  Well, I mentioned the apron I was making for her from her grandmothers pattern. I checked out her lists on the different places she is registered at, and she has a lot of red for her kitchen. I love this  piece of fabric with some cute little hearts on it and it is very red, to match her kitchen stuff.
As I said last week, I did not include my daughters face when I took the photo, because she and I agreed this is not a very flattering picture. It is an apron, and not a fashion statement, so I am not worried about it, I hope the bride feels the same way. If I make it again I will make some changes. I think the bodice should be longer(wider), and the front needs to be a little more gathered . I think that would make it more flattering to the wearer.

  Not sure what the weather is like where you are, but we are having some much needed rain this week, and the forecast is to have more for the next few days, and then some sun and next week more rain. The only problem with the rain today is the cold front we had come in yesterday. The high for today is to be 48 degrees F , and tomorrow the high is supposed to be 58. Now we have been in the high 70's and low 80's recently, so today it is cold. Funny story to go with that, we had the a/c on yesterday so hubby could sleep when it was so warm . After he went to work last night I turned the a/c off and set the thermostat for the night. I don't do a quick off a/c and on heat, as we were told that is hard on the units. Well, after I turned it off I went to get the towels out of the dryer and fold them, planning to turn the heater on after I did that. You guessed it, I forgot to turn the heater on. We like to sleep cold so we slept very well, but it was hard to get out of bed in the cold house this am. Hubby came in a little after 7am and I woke up to this cold house. I of course realized what I had done and got up right away and turned the heat on. Why my daughters didn't do that when they got up, I will never know, but they didn't and now the house just won't seem to get warm. Oh, well good for quilting right??? hahaha
So until next time yall have  a very quilty day.
Tennye
 

1 comment:

Linda said...

I haven't turned my heat on (I'm in South Texas) but I'm wearing a jacket and wool socks today around the house! It just doesn't seem right to turn on the heat after running the AC yesterday! It will be warm again in no time, I'm sure! It's just the moisture in the air that makes it seem so cold.
The bride only needs to cook a few times to realize the value of an apron that functions well!