Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Middle of the night musings.

I'm laying here listening to my hubby snoring and wishing I was sleeping too. I had such a busy day and at 6 pm the thought ran across my mind, that if I went to bed right then I'd probably sleep all night just fine. Maybe I should have followed that thought. Lol 
  Last night was my paper piecing zoom meeting, I do love that time. I have to miss once in a while, but this year that time has been about the only sewing time I've had. My mind has been on mother, how she is, and could I be doing better for her. The nursing home she's in in rated pretty high in our area, but it seems like they don't have near enough staff to really give proper care to the residents. Anyway, those thoughts are for another time. I started a small piece back in Oct or Nov to give mother for Christmas. It was very close to finished when she had the thing they won't call a stroke that has left her with stroke symptoms. I just put it away, decided I'd work on it later. So last month I got it out and finished it. Turned out so cute too. Mother is Betty, and a friends little girl always called her Betty Boop. When I was in high school I found this cute mirror with Betty boop on it for mother's birthday. That started this boop collection that grew for years. She has the Franklin mint Betty boop plates you have on the wall, and so many more. When she got her new house she decided not to put them all back up. They had gotten too hard to keep dusted. But the mirror that started it all went right by the front door exactly where it had been in her old house. So now I'll take this small quilt and hang it on the wall in her room at the nursing home. I hope it helps that place feel just a little less like punishment and a little more like home. 
  I started a new project the first of the year I think.

No comments: