Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Free Motion Quilting Challenge

  I have not gotten the chance to do as much of the challenge processes as I wanted to so far, and for some reason I still have not gotten the latest email update from the challenge. It may be because I have not posted any photos to her group. I will have a couple of pictures to post in the next day or two. I am making some small gifts this week in addition to working on the quilts. So I am doing several sample quilting's, and using them for the bags I will make to give as gifts. I don't have the funds to make sample blocks just for the fun or learning of it, so I will learn on bags. The first one I plan to do is a wine tote. I made some as gifts last year and I just didn't think they were as firm as they should be. I didn't want them to be floppy, and fall over when you put the bag down on the counter. I tried to use upholstery fabric, and iron on stabilizer. I was not satisfied with the results, and I think this free motion quilting will give me an advantage. I thought I had pictures of the bad, or should I say unsatisfactory ones, but can't find them .
  The challenge is one you can join any time during the year, and if you click on the logo, in the side line of my blog, you should be taken to the introduction page of the challenge. When you sign up you get a news letter with a new tutorial every month, and you are encouraged to add photos to her group. So far I have been very impressed with the tutorials I have gotten, I hope I am just between them right now. I feel like that is the case, and I look forward to the next one. I will check back with you later this week, and hopefully have some pictures to show. Until then have a very quilty week.
Tennye

No comments: