Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Time Flying is trending today

  I have checked in with several of the blogs I follow and it seems we are all feeling the fact that the older you get the faster time passes. Well at least that is the way it seems anyway. That is what the adults in my  life told me when I was a kid and I thought they were just being dramatic. I was so wrong, it is like the toilet paper and how it goes around faster the more you have used already. Today I am going to just post a few old pictures that I remember doing, and it seems like it was just yesterday, but it has been years. So Enjoy.

 The heart quilt is laying on the plaid fabric, it was made for a baby quilt, and has fabric from the child's parents, grandparents, and great grandparents, as well as aunts, and uncles.
 The cute little cowboys and cowgirls made such a wonderful baby quilt and the string I used made a almost rope like decoration on it.







































These matching quilts were made for teaching quilting to anyone in general.













Hand quilted for my hubby.








 This one is still not finished, I think it will be my next carry along project.

This is the family reunion quilt everyone made a block, and I pieced it and quilted it by hand, with my mom's help.








I made this one for my daughter it was supposed to be a sofa quilt, and turned out to be a queen. She loves it and uses it year round. LOL






 The next three photos, are blocks I made to teach quilting. The class never made and I think it may be time to put them into a quilt and not leave them as blocks. Maybe I will post that class on here some time in the future.













The last one, I made this one, for my boss, she told me I could have it after we let it hang in the store for a while. Last time I was there it seemed to be hanging in the classroom, I guess it is still being used. I wanted to give it to my Aunt , she loves strawberries.
Well, I hope you have enjoyed my walk down memory lane. I wish I could show you some of the older ones, but I didn't have a digital camera before and I don't have access to a working scanner.
Have a quilty week and I will see you soon.
Tennye

3 comments:

Linda said...

I've never equated the passing of time with the unrolling of toilet paper, but somehow it fits!! How funny! Yes, it does seem to pass more quickly. My husband, the scientist, said that it is because when we are, say, 3 years old, a year is 1/3 of our life. That's a big chunk1 When we are 60, it is only 1/60 of our life. Not such a large amount compared to the whole.
Thank you for sharing photos of some of the quilts you've made. It's fun to look back to see what we've done in the past.

Wayne Kollinger said...

This idea of time going faster when you get older ties in nicely with Einstein's theory of relativity.

He said that as you go faster time goes slower. If you could move at the speed of light time would stand still.

When I was younger I could move fairly fast; now that I'm getting on in years, I've slowed down a bit. And the slower I go the faster time goes.

I'm not happy about it. But Einstein was right.

Kim said...

Wow, you're a real pro! You should consider selling your work on Etsy.com or something like that, if you don't already. Thanks for checking out my blog.