Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

What a Day

Well, my girls and I were planning to go to a craft show this morning after breakfast, and we invited my cousin to go with us and her sons girlfriend. So we all went together. it was a nice show, but not really a all homemade craft show. They had lots of home party ladies, such as Tupperware, Syntsey , and homemade gourmet. There were some really good jewelry ladies though and the girls really like their stuff. So while we were eating breakfast my cousin asked if we knew the quilt show in Austin was today and tomorrow. I said yes, but didn't think anyone would want to go with me. Well, I must have been mistaken, because the all wanted to go and they even called another friend to go with.
We had a great time and here are some of the photos I took
This is just one I really thought was pretty.










I liked this one for its great perspective. first you see the box, then it is a big box with a little one, then wait no it is a box in a room, then again it looks like a box with a cut out. Go figure which is it really???






I am a Texan to the core and I love this one of Bluebonnets. One of the shops had this pattern, it was all I could do to keep from buying it. I just have too much to do and I usually design most of my own patterns.






The following must have been a challenge or something because they are obviously the same basic pattern. I really enjoyed them and think I would love to make one this way, if I had the time. I think this is not one of those easy patterns.









































Well, that is the last one of those. I love them and I am sure they are from the Giant Dahlia pattern. I have tried that one, and I must say it is a difficult pattern. I do love the interpretations they have presented though.
Well, I have many more photos, but I think I will save them for another day this week. I do hope you have had a very quilty weekend , I know I sure have.
Tennye

1 comment:

QuiltSue said...

Those round quilts are amazing.