Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Long Busy Week

Well, I am sorry to say I have been so busy this week I have not had time to write. Then to top every thing off today I spent most of the day in the ER with my mother, waiting for my Dad. You see Daddy went to the Dr. this morning on his way to therapy for a blood oxygen test. Apparently he had been dizzy for a couple of days and when he told them that at the Dr.s office they told him he had to go to the ER.Fortunately it was in the same building so he just had to go down stairs. Long story short he has vertigo or something worse. He has to see a neurologist Mon. at the latest. When they got home mother was able to make an appointment for him on Mon.  
I have been quilting all week and still should be, but I kind of feel like today was such a bust I decided to tell you all my good news and update you on things. Today is the 17th, which is just ten days before my give a way. I should have another thing that is going in the give away to show you , but I have been so busy I have not had time to get it rounded up. So I thought I would show you some things I have been working  on. This is a quilt I am making for my youngest daughter for Christmas. I am using the fun Dresden plate Christmas fabrics as alternate blocks for a pre-printed fabric.
These are the Christmas fabrics, I sewed them together and then I auditioned them on a back ground fabric. I loved the result on the first try.










I love the blue, but I love even more the way the blue and the Dresden look with the pre-printed fabrics.








This is the largest piece and I will put it in the center and use the Dresdens and other prints to go around it. I have not decided what I will use as a sashing to make it all fit together.











I am not going to show you all the panels
I just don't think it is important to show them all. This is one of my favorite small panels. When I get it all put together I will show you how fun and lovely it will be.





 Then another one of my craft show items is this cute high heel ornament. I showed you earlier in my chenille tutorial the Christmas tree ornament and in the future I will be making some other things and maybe make some high heels in different colors. I want to make some dog bones, and maybe, just maybe I will make an angel.



Then I have saved my absolutely biggest most exciting news. I can't even believe that one of my biggest goals and desires for my sewing and crafting  fun and business has been to have an embroidery module to go with my sewing machine. By some wonder from God the best deal I have ever , or never thought would happen has come to pass. I can not tell the details , but for an unbelievable price I have been able to attain one. It is brand new still in the box it came from the factory in. It is mine and I am more excited than I can ever tell. Needless to say one of the things I am giving away will be something I have embroidered for you. I also have until Oct. 31st to get the software for about 600$ off its normal price. This is a sale and anyone who wants the Bernina Embroidery software can get it on sale for this price. My biggest problem is that I need a new laptop in order to have enough memory for the software. So I still need a good 2000$ to finish it all off. I can put the software on layaway, but have to figure out the Laptop issue too.
Now I know myself well enough to know that if I had brought this home in the middle of the week, that would have been the only thing I got done all week. I needed not to stop on my hand quilting project, so I took my machine in for a cleaning and left it with my BSR to be updated. Tomorrow I will go get it and get started playing.
Well, I am going to a craft show and to a class at the store tomorrow. Yall have a very quilty weekend.
Tennye

2 comments:

QuiltSue said...

I love the Dresden Plate blocks.

Congratulations on achieving a long-held ambition and getting that module. Funny though isn't it how one purchase leads to another and another, then ....

Micki said...

Your Dresden blocks are wonderful! It will be exciting using the Bernina embroidery. Have fun with it!
Micki