Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

New Weeks work

Well, I am working on some class samples for the fall and I brought home a cute little pattern for a table runner I really hated the colors they used on the cover but thought the pattern would make up better in some bright colors. I have it almost complete and it is looking very cute. I don't know if I want to use it for a class but it can go into the craft sale if I don't. I have some ideas that I want to play with from the quilt book series I am reading. I am sure most of you have heard of the Elm Creek quilters Novel series. I believe there are 7 or 8 books in the series and one of them includes a group of friends and family getting together and making quilt blocks for Sylvia's wedding quilt. I have fallen in love with many of the blocks in that quilt, and think I will make a fall quilt of star blocks from those in Sylvia's quilt.
I read the first three books. They were all in this one book. I love the way it all starts with the young girl looking for something in her life, and she ends up learning to quilt
Sorry the photo is on its side I have yet to learn how to change that in Blogger.
Then the next book is about the ladies who come together to make up the Elm Creek Quilters and end up being the teachers at the camp for quilters they start. In this book they decide they need a quilt for the entry way to the camp house, so they make a Round Robin quilt.
The last book in this larger book is about a group of ladies who come together and meet at one of the week long quilt camps. I have to tell you this is a camp I would love to spend a week at myself. The house the setting and the idea of being able to just quilt for a whole week without having to wash clothes cook or clean. Not to mention having to take care of the family.
Back to the book, these ladies become such good friends over the weeks time they decide to meet again the following year for the same week of camp. In the mean time they will make blocks to put together into a quilt, when they come back together. The series picks up for another three books in another large book, that I am in the middle of reading right now. So more on the Elm Creek quilters soon and I will begin the blocks for my fall quilt soon. I will show you the process, and the fabrics I have chosen as I go along. I must say though I have made a commitment to not buy any fabric unless I need to, so we may see this as a scrappy quilt.
Last night while I was working on the table runner I had to cut off small triangles , and I will use them as the beginning of my sewing and as they come together and make half square triangles I will use them in other small projects for the craft sale. I am having so much fun with all of this craft stuff.
Well, enough for today, I really must get back to the hand quilting for now.
Have a quilty day.
Tennye

No comments: