Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I Did It Again

Well, have you ever just had a few minutes ,so you jump on the computer and log in to post a blog. Then you see someone you really like has posted, so you just zip over there and read the post. Then you see the next one and well it looks interesting so you read, that. Then you suddenly look up and realize you have been reading blogs for an hour. Well, what ever, you just keep on reading and enjoy the afternoon. hahaha well that is what happened to me today, now this is not the first time it has happened and I am sure it will again. I do love reading the blogs I follow, and sometimes I find a new one to follow from reading the ones I already follow.
In the mean time I have been so depressed this week that I can't seem to force myself to get into the sewing room. I do not have a reason for this depression, it just seems to slip up on me once in a while. When it does I find myself playing games on the computer and reading a book. Today it is cold, and yesterday it was too. I seem to be suffering from icy feet. So today I have been trying to kick myself in the butt and get moving. I did a couple of loads of laundry, and I have kept the fire going. Sadly it is getting cold now so I guess I have let the fire dye down. Oh!!! yea, my daughter just noticed the same thing and is stoking the fire for me.
I have to say I did go to the fabric store today, I was supposed to have a class this morning, but again no one signed up for it. My hubby asked me to get some fabric to make him a table runner for the entry way table. Now I have another project and he will not be happy if I don't get in there very soon and get his made.  I took my  mom's sweatshirt ,that I am working on with me, to show off while I was at the store. I felt better for going there even if I now feel pressure to make another thing, when I am already behind.
So I am back to my goofing off and I hope you all are off to having a very quilty day.
Tennye

2 comments:

Louise said...

Tennye:

The stress of the holiday and your dad's medical issues may have sapped your energy, and you may just need to pamper yourself and do "nothing".
I too have days when it's hard to get motivated. I'm going to hide away all my UFOs except for a few, as the UFOs and related sewing clutter tends to overwhelm me! I have to remember that it took a long time to build up the UFOs, and it will take a long time to whittle them down..lol!
Louise

Pamela Kieffer said...

I didn't realize there were so many people like myself who can spend an entire evening just reading quilting blogs. I have made some lovely friends this way...