Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Soup is on

Well, I decided to see what we could do about some soup since the You Can Make it Monday's theme was Soup Recipes and I wanted to try several of them. Well, it made me want soup and since we have had more winter this year than we have had in many years. So I will try some of them, however in the mean time I think you might like my favorite recipe for Potato Soup. So I am going to share it with you today and maybe tomorrow I will be able to get that tutorial done.
Potato Soup

2 carrots, chopped                                      1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 onion, chopped                                     1 T. parsley
1 stick celery, diced                                    1 T. salt
8 med. potoatoes, diced                              5 C. water
4 chicken bouillon cubes                               1(12 oz.) can evaporated milk

Cook al the ingredients in a crock pot on low for 8 hours or on the stove for 1 hour on low, covered. Makes about 10 servings.


We usually make a big pan of cornbread to eat with ours and top it with grated cheese.
I hope you try this and enjoy it as much as my family does.
Tennye

No comments: