Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Busy time of Year

Wow, I have been so busy I just completed the coolest pillow case that I didn't think to take a picture of. I took a man's t-shirts and cut them up and made a pillow case out of them. I didn't use batting but sewed them to the backing so it wouldn't be loose inside the pillow case. It was fun, I just wish I had remembered to take a picture.
I am working on three things right now a quilt from the Not you Grandmothers Log Cabin book, which by the way I am loving that method of making log cabins. They are diamonds for those of you who have not seen the book. Then I have a great book on fat quarter projects that I am making a cure bag from and I am using Halloween fabrics, so it is going to be uses as a candy bag for a trick or treat. Christmas is just not that far away and I am also making the cutest little gift card bags that look like dainty evening purses. Of course I am using Christmas fabric to make them with. I am also doing another quilt that the boss loved and I can't remember the name of that pattern. I am doing a Mommy and Me learn to quilt class tomorrow and so far we have two signed little girls signed up and their mom's of course.
The new shop ( Cotton Cupboard ) is doing very well for a new quilt shop. I am excited because we already have some who are coming in often. One sweet lady today said you will actually have a day when I don't come in, I promise. We told her we didn't need a day like that she can come in every day and we will help her with everything we can. Our customers are great, and so happy to have us open in their area.
I am working on a new class for the Quilting Weekly website that I hope to have on by Aug. if they can get it up and offered by then. I should be submitting it in a week or two, to the owners. I need to get my next Birthday friends block in the mail soon too, or it will be late for her birthday. I have until Sept. 10th to get my Summer Mini Quilt in the mail to my partner, and I must admit I have not even thought about the design for that one. I need to plan some projects using my stash control fabric sizes for the next three months so I am not behind all the time on that class. I need to get the next two months of the Block of the Month ready so I am not behind on that when the time comes. Plus I still have to write up the directions to the last two I did so when someone decides to buy they will have a take home.
Well, that is my to do list and I will post pictures as I get them done, for all of you to see. Have a very quilty week.
Tennye

2 comments:

Micki said...

You have been very busy, and good luck with all of your projects!
Micki

Tennye said...

Thanks Micki, I have been busy and yet I took a few days off to read a book. I felt guilty for doing it but enjoyed it. lol
Tennye