Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Bound to Happen

Well, I had every intention of posting some pictures today,that I had promised last week. I got the camera out and the battery was too dead to load them. I will get those on tomorrow if I have time to post tomorrow. I have a picture of my student with her little project from our class last week. She had a good time and made a lovely coaster for her Daddy. I must say it was supposed to be a pot holder but I must have gotten the measurments wrong because it was too little. I will adjust that class to make a larger item as the pieces for that one were much too small for a beginner, especially a child. This was a parent and child class, and I think I prefer not to have a parent if the child is old enough. I would need it to be one on one though at that age. I keep saying things like you know what I am talking about I guess I need to explain. I had the class with a 6 1/2 year old little girl and her Grandmother and an 8 1/2 year old and her mother. I think the younger child could do the work with the exception of the cutting with the rotary cutter. She couldn't get the leverage to cut, because she was too short. She also seemed to lack the focus to do the whole project. I did not expect then to complete the project in class, however they both got to the point of some hand work. That was nice, to have something to take home and know it would be completed.
Well, I am off to do some work and complete some of those projects that need to be done. I have two almost complete, and hope to finish one at least tonight.
Tennye

2 comments:

Micki said...

Sounds like a great class! Good luck with your projects!
Micki

Tennye said...

Thanks for the good luck!!! I am loving my classes.ousnono