Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2008

First Blog Day

Welcome to my new blog. I have been quilting for about 21 years or so. I am also an artist, scrap booker, and a crafter. I have also been sewing as long as I can remember. I took my first formal class in 7th grade. I took as many classes in school as they offered. My grandmother taught me to crochet some time around the same time I was in 7th grade. I have no idea how many afghans I made before I learned that quilting was lots of fun. I have always wanted to learn to quilt so I found a class to take that I could afford. I signed up for the class and took it. I had taken the initiative to learn to piece on my own so it was the actual hand quilting that I needed to learn. Since then I have made so many quilt tops that I finally started to give them away because it took so long to hand quilt them I decided I would never finish them all. That is when I decided I needed to learn to machine quilt. I started to buy books and read everything I could find on the subject. Now I am finishing my own quilts and being able to give them away as complete quilts. More next time. Thanks for stopping by and getting to know me and learn about my quilts.
Tennye

No comments: