Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy Madi Gras, and Happy Valentines Day

  Well, I have been busy for a change and not just out of commission. LOL That kind of feels good, but then again I had every intention of getting on here and posting. I have just seemed to get involved with other things thing and forgot. I apologize for that. I had promised my lovely granddaughter that I would have her birthday gift to her by the middle of the month and here it is the middle of Feb. and it isn't finished yet. I feel really bad about that. I do love the way it is turning out though. I will post more pictures soon, but haven't taken them yet. I am not great at applique so it is taking a little longer than it should have. I love it but I am not sure it is turning out the way it should have. The pattern shows using a different fabric for each piece, and I chose to use the same fabric for most of it. I thought the satin stitch applique would make the separations show up, and unfortunately I used a variegated thread and it blends in so well it doesn't. I keep wondering if I should go back and do a small stitch with black so the doors and definitive lines of the car would show better. Some for a customer, and some for hubby and my self.  
   I still have two pair that need to be done, but we are also starting the process of cleaning out my dads out buildings so we can tear them down and get things cleaned out. We also are looking at cars for mother. We had planned to put that off for a few months, however now her car is acting up and we need to make this change sooner rather than later. Everything seems to be happening so fast and yet it also seems to be at a snails pace. She is right now as I write out looking at and test driving a car. She does not need a new one just something that is newer than her 10 year old current car. Daddy got his truck in 2009 right after the 2010's came out. I hope that we can get this done very soon, since we are also starting the process of getting her a different house. Too much too much. LOL I need to have my head on to keep up with it all. I need to go for now, I will try harder to check back in quicker next time. I have some other stuff to talk about, but will save that for later. So until later yall have a very quilty week.
Tennye

No comments: