Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Now is The Time

  Hello, I have been gone so long not just from here, but from home as well. It has taken me almost a week to get caught up and back on track. Now that I have gotten almost all the laundry done, and made the little raggy quilt. I got to finish the tutorial I started just after I got home, now I can get back to writing.
  My trip to do the upholstery work was a great visit with my family as well as a learning experience. I have done a lot of that kind of work and on occasion thought I might want to offer my services up for a side income. No longer do I think I want to do that. Although it is not particularly hard work, it is time consuming and tedious and does not make a very good income. My Aunt paid me very well for my work, but I still don't think it pays enough for the time it takes.
  We had a good trip to visit our daughter as well. We decided not to try and make it in one day. We left on Thurs. evening and drove three hours before we stopped for the night. We got up and left by about 7:30 Fri. morning. Looking back on the day, we decided on the return trip we would drive longer the first day. We got to their house about four hours later than we thought we would, so we had to stop and get food on the way. Our daughter was so happy for us to be there, and we were so happy to be there too. Our friends from TN came on Sun. to spend a few days with us. Charlie and Roger spent a good part of the time doing little things to help the kids get their house in better shape. The drive way was completely dark, and Brena does not get home until the middle of the night most of the time. She works late shift and leaves for work mid afternoon. That was the first thing they fixed. The back door was in need of some help as well, so that got done. The mailbox had a retaining wall around a flower bed that was falling apart. Charlie got the stuff and rebuilt the whole thing. Brena had started redecorating the bathroom a couple of months ago, and there were still things they needed done. So we got the towel racks hung there were three of those. They got a medicine cabinet and hubby got it hung too.I can't even remember all the things he and our son in law and friend got done. We saw some sights too, and ate some fabulous food. I would love to show you some pictures, but I up loaded then onto my old computer and I am writing on the new one. It was so hard to leave when it was time to come home. I cried all day the first day. I hate to say it but I still get teary when I think of leaving my baby girl in TN. Oh, I almost forgot the most important part of the trip. We got to go to the Dr. with her the day they did the sonogram to find out if we were having a boy or a girl. My baby girl wants a boy, and that is exactly what they say she will have. I am very happy for her and have already started thinking of stuff to make for my new grandson. I will be going there when he is born to help them out. That will be in Dec. just before Christmas. Needless to say I am working out most days so I am in good enough shape to help and to climb those stairs. The house is a split level, with the mail part of the house up a half level and the master bedroom on the lower level.
  Well, this has not had much to do with sewing or quilting, but I am back and so glad to be. Last week I started a couple of quilts from another mans pants. I will show you all about them soon. Until then please have a very quilty week.

1 comment:

Linda said...

How wonderful that you and your husband were able to go help out like that! It will be helpful to you to know that her house is in better shape. And a Grandson! How wonderful!!!