Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Tuesday


Well, it is the day after the Memorial Day holiday here in the States and I have been kind of having a hard time getting back to work. I had to run errands this morning and got home just as my hubby was coming in to go from his business to his job. I had to rush in and get him some lunch and dinner so he could rush out the door as he was running late. Then I made myself some lunch and headed off to the sewing room. Not a very productive time and then I had to take a nap. LOL like any of us ever really has to take a nap. I was freezing though and since it is over 80 degrees out side I am sure I couldn't have been cold. Any way I couldn't find my quilting mojo so I took my book with me to the bedroom and read for a while and then did some relaxation techniques and now I am here writing and then back to the quilting room with out without my mojo.
My youngest daughter and one of her friends came in on Fri. night for the weekend. They all had plans to meet several others on the river for a floating excursion Sat. and maybe even Sun. They got up and both of her sisters with her and her friend plus a car full of others went off to the river. As is turned out the river was not moving very fast and there was a mix up in directions and other stuff. One of the cars full left and came home without floating, the others all did finally meet up and float. Although the float was not a good one. It rained a good part of the day and that wasn't the plan. Needless to say we had wall to wall air mattress's in out living room that night. They put a fire in the fire pit in the back yard and sat around it and pretended they were camping,then came in and slept in the house. We had nine for breakfast Sun. morning. The rain was supposed to continue so one couple left after breakfast for home. The others all went to the movies and then dispersed to their homes as well. I remembered what fun it was when all the girls were home and still in school and we had a house full of kids all the time.
Well, the black and white quilt is still not done, I just can't seem to make myself finish it and I don't know why. I must get it done if it is to leave for Africa in a week or less. So with any luck I will get my mojo back and it will be done. Off I go now to try. Hope you who were celebrating the holiday had a nice one. It is the unofficial beginning of summer here so off we go!!

No comments: