Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Fun and Run

  Hi, I have been so busy the last couple of weeks and today I have a massive headache, so I am taking time out to sit down and write you instead of working. That is if I can think long enough to write. LOL I have taken something and had a cup of coffee to help it along,so maybe it will be better soon.
  Last week Hubby and I decided to go get some things for the granddaughter who has a new brother. She is 10 and just seems to need to know that baby is not taking away from her. Well, we found the cutest beach towel with matching flip flops. I told hubby a bag to take to the beach would be a nice addition to this. He got all excited and we went to the fabric shop to find fabric. Well the towel and shoes had zebra print in pink and white, we couldn't find pink and white fabric, but did find pink and black zebra print. So we got it and I made her a bag to put it all in. I am going to try and post that picture from my phone.
  Then Aislynn got a new car over the weekend, and she asked me to make her a hang over the gear shift trash bag for it. I made one for her sister back in the summer and she likes it. Well while I was roaming around in emails and pinterest the other day I found a cute bag I wanted to see if I could make. I am not as happy with it as I thought I might be, but it is kind of cute. Turned out that the bag is too long to be so narrow, I don't like such big bags and this one turned out to be a odd shape after all.
  Well, the run part of this post is a challenge I have made for myself and I am not sure it I have said anything about it to you or not. I want to get healthy and I want to lose some weight too. So I made the decision to challenge myself to a fun run, or better stated a Hell Run. This is a 5K run on a obstacle course. The first obstacle is a pipe you have to crawl through on your belly, then you run to the next one and it is a rope climb over a wall, then you have to go over another wall without a rope. The last one is another belly crawl under what looks like a wire fence only it is wide. The run is in April and has not happened for this year, but I want to do it in 2013. So I have started with jumping jacks, and push ups and some other exercises that I want to do at least 5 days a week. So far I am doing very well, and the next step will be to start walking more often, and I have been working on re-working my eating for a while now. Maybe it will be that I don't win, but I want to finish. The walls scare me more than anything else. Oh, yea one of the things is to climb a embankment of mud. I just hope it isn't too hot or too cold. I have several others who are saying they will do it with me. I can't wait, and I am scared stiff.
  Well, until next time, yall have a very quilty week.
Tennye

No comments: