Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

Little Star Quilts 2009 New Beginings

Well, I have made the decision that I will make this a priority for this year. I have so many projects I am working on and many more I would love to do, so writing about them should be part of my daily activities. I bought a new book today and a calendar for the year. I love to have pictures of beautiful quilts on my walls all year. The book will most likely be the text book for a club I lead. I have been creating items for them to make every month and it has gotten so hard to do, so I believe I will give them a quilt to shoot for instead. If you happen to live in the Austin TX area let me know and I will give you more information on how to find my classes.
I have not forgotten that we have not put a binding on our quilt. I just haven't gotten around to writing the directions for you yet. I have the photos completed though so I will give that my attention in the next few days. I have to go visit a friend who has been in the hospital so it may not be tomorrow. She is home and expecting to be a new grandmother any day now. So I will go visit her and take the gift I made for the new mom and baby.
The quilt I am working on this week is one I designed on the software at work. This is a embroidery soft ware, but it is a quilting part of it. This is a black and white quilt, since the world seems to think black and white is not the way life is. The girl I am making it for is in school to be a missionary. She will be leaving for Africa in the Summer and I would like to have it completed for her before she leaves.
I also am still working on the quilts from the dead guys clothes. I have two tops completed and ready to quilt. I have the third one started and completely cut out. I have the plan for the last one and part of it is cut as well. I am able to cut parts of the last one as I do the third one. Then I will take the left over pieces and make as many baby quilts as I can. I have another one that is almost completed, I need to finish. I have it over three quarters quilted.
Well, I must go for tonight, hope you have a new quilt in your head to keep you busy over the next few days. Happy Quilting.

No comments: